As promised here, and revisited here, here are my ramblings on one of my dearest friends.
- Ashish is one of those people who can be completely angelic one moment, and totally devilish the next. One instant he'll tell me something really nice and thoughtful, and the very next instant he'll jab me with a slightly mean comment.
- This is one guy who can give me an instant mood lift by playing me a nice song on his PC. Even if he claims that I somehow managed to hurt his feelings and plays Yakeen by Atif Aslam with an almost realistic indignant expression on his face.
- He has this talent for writing me an email about a buggy feature in our code, or a comment on my blog, at really odd hours in the night, that is thought provoking enough to keep me awake till 3 AM. And the next day he'll give me a genuine, heartfelt discourse on how important it is for me to get a good night's sleep. Oh, and when I'm sleep deprived, (because of him or someone or something else) and feeling totally drowsy in the middle of the workday, I refuse to let myself rely on coffee to wake me up. Ashish has this characteristic way of getting up from his seat, announcing that he's getting some tea for himself and coffee for me, and then proceeding to execute the threat.
- Since time immemorial, we've been talking about how monotonous his clothes are and that I should take him shopping for more interesting stuff. But this guy has the time and inclination to fix bugs from home on a national holiday, but not to shop. Even though I offered to sponsor his new wardrobe!
- Okay, I cannot resist the temptation to write this. He's a terrific singer, but he doesn't really match up to Hemant!
This post was not intended to include genuine, serious appreciation, just some good natured fun. Which is why I choose to stop here. But I will add this here: May you get the best of everything in life, and may the materialization of "the best" always surpass your expectations!
Actual time of writing this post: Saturday, November 15, 2008, 1:55 AM.