Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My Kangaroo

I am, basically, not much of a soft toy person. There are a number of female colleagues of mine whose cubicles have begun to resemble an Archies' Gallery. I never placed any of that stuff in mine. Not even a tiny Koala bear (I think I passed that one on to Chaya.) Sometimes, when I am feeling kind of low, I do go to Chaya's cubicle and sit down for a while with her teddy bear in my lap. But even that has not happened in a long while. Definitely hasn't happened since Chaya and Namrata have been sharing a cubicle.

Coming to the point. Today, for the first time in two years, six months and nineteen days, (that's how long I've spent in my cubicle.) I chose to put a cute little kangaroo in my cubicle. This one is a memento Sumit got me from the land of kangaroos. He's totally adorable. Now I will constantly need to be on the lookout to protect him from Akash and the other mischievous people around. And I need a cute name for him. Chaya, any suggestions? Akash, I would be highly obliged if you refrain from making any suggestions here.

3 comments:

cornucopia_of_gobbledygook said...

here I am... and I suggest "Pichkoo".. :-)

cornucopia_of_gobbledygook said...

btw.. its shooooo cute .. :)

Bhavya said...

I know... he is sooooo cute. And I really like the name u suggested. It kinda reminded me of Sumit's nickname... Chuchu :D

Which leads me to think that I actually want to call him Chuchu :D :D

Maybe Sumit is going to want to punch me when he reads this, but I'm quite safe because he has very little time these days with all the wedding planning going on. He'll probably read this only after he's back to Australia.