Friday, November 14, 2008

Hollywood's Most Romantic Moments

Notting Hill: The part when Julia Roberts goes to Hugh Grant and has the following conversation with him:

William (Played by Hugh): I live in Notting Hill. You live in Beverly Hills. Everyone in the world knows who you are, my mother has trouble remembering my name.
Anna Scott (Played by Julia): I'm also just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Runaway Bride: Richard Gere tells Julia Roberts about his idea of a perfect proposal. It goes like this:

Look, I guarantee there'll be tough times. I guarantee that at some point, one or both of us is gonna want to get out of this thing. But I also guarantee that if I don't ask you to be mine, I'll regret it for the rest of my life, because I know, in my heart, you're the only one for me.

Soon afterwards, she goes and proposes to him with those exact words.

I find these words really special, really sweet, because they have this strong sense of practicality coupled with true love. There is a realisation that you love the other person, but being in love doesn't mean that life is going to be forever rosy with some sort of fairytale "happily ever after."

Shrek: I completely adore the part where Princess Fiona has been rescued by Shrek and Donkey, and the three of them are on their way to the kingdom ruled by the ridiculously short king. Fiona gets up early in the morning, finds three eggs, and makes breakfast for the hero who saved her from the dragon and for his noble stead, even though she found both of them totally out of place and annoying at first.

No comments: