Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Nostalgia

"I always knew looking back on my tears would bring me laughter, but I never knew looking back on my laughter would make me cry."

A couple of weeks back, I was looking for my old photographs from my school days and the days afterwards, to put together into a collage to gift Sumit and Aditi for their wedding. Going through all those pictures, trying to select the best ones to put together, was quite an experience. It sent me off into a land of nostalgia, a land of memories, a world with just me, my friends, and my happiest moments. And from time to time, thinking of how happy some of those moments were, brought tears to my eyes. I'm not too sure why that happens. But it always does. When you look back at something that made you really happy, you tend to cry. Your heart and mind are so overwhelmed with emotion that they find no other expression of that emotion. Sometimes that's just what's best suited for you.

PS: I actually wrote this a while back, but scheduled it for publishing later because I didn't want to ruin the surprise gift for the couple.

No comments: