Friday, November 14, 2008

Catching Up With Friends

This evening I went out with Aditi and Sumit for dinner. Now these two are my closest friends, but I haven't met Sumit in a really long while since he's been in Australia. And I'm not going to see either of them in a really long while after the wedding since they will both fly off to the land of kangaroos soon afterwards. I haven't laughed so hard in a really long time. Or felt this good. Felt so good that, in spite of being totally exhausted after a long day at work and the long drive home, I instantly felt so fresh when I saw them. There is a world of a difference between people whom you just know and people with whom you share a strong connection. Those are the people whom, even if you see once in a couple of years, you feel like you've always been around them and they've always been around you. These are two such people. Like Aditi pointed out, the next time I see them, they'll probably be wearing peculiar costumes. So the next time that we meet for a normal dinner might be after a really long while. But it won't matter. Just like it didn't matter today.

No comments: