Saturday, November 22, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mom!

In the midst of all the best friends' wedding hoopla, I want to take a few minutes to write about my mom on her birthday today. I'd actually planned and wanted to stay over at Aditi's place tonight, but I also wanted to come home and be with the family for the cake-cutting. And so I did (albeit a little late in the night, and that too, only to rush back in the morning).

There are times when I fight endlessly with my mom. Argue for hours. But there are still so many things I love about her. Her patience. Her dedication towards the home and family. The fact that she has always maintained a fine balance between work and family. The fact that she has always put in her best efforts in bringing us up. The way she occasionally resorts to some pretty clownish antics. The fact that she's always given me just the right amount of freedom, no more and no less than what I need.

Love you mom. Happy birthday!

1 comment:

Akash said...

Happy B'day Aunty :)