Sunday, November 16, 2008

What I Will Miss

There are a number of things I will miss about Aditi and Sumit when they fly off to Melbourne. This includes the things I have been missing about Sumit all this while as well.

  • Going out to watch any random movie, even Kyaa Dil Ne Kahaa or Footpath, ending up having a terrible time in the hall, and yet, making the outing special enough to be memorable after all these years.
  • Going to a place like the district park in Paschim Vihar or the Japanese Park in Rohini and spending endless hours, just talking and, sometimes, flying toy airplanes.
  • Going shopping in Sarojini Nagar with only ten bucks in cash, making the salesman show us his entire array of garments, and then coolly walking out of his shop.
  • Going shopping in Rajouri Garden with credit cards in our pockets, going through any number of showrooms, and spending nothing at all.
  • Going shopping in Rajouri Garden with credit cards in our pockets, going through any number of showrooms, and spending large amounts of money and feeling really good about it.
  • Going to Pizza Hut and eating only healthy garden salads.
  • Planning vacations to the cities in which they are currently working. I can probably still do that, but it will take a lot more planning.
  • Sumit's favourite catch phrases like "Bachpan se hi" and "Funny bole to?" and the more recent "No worries."
  • Aditi's weird jokes which only Sumit and I get.
  • Having someone to go shopping (or window shopping) with whenever I feel the urge to do that.
  • Having people around who actually treated me on my birthday and gave me a birthday gift. I will always cherish my birthday 2003 for those memories. I was feeling really low that day and didn't even feel like celebrating. But I'm glad I did. I felt a whole lot better afterwards.
  • A ton of other stuff that I can't really put into words and append to this list.

No comments: