Monday, December 8, 2008

Too Pink!

Most of the people who know me will refuse to believe that something can be too pink for my taste. It actually surprises me, too, when something turns out to be so. When I started this blog, the theme was supposedly too pink in-your-face for most of my male readership to put up with. There was a time when I suggested that I would not go bowling with my team unless the alley had pink coloured balls. This came after a lucky streak with pink balls.

How pink is too pink? There was this insanely pink string of Diwali lights somebody put up around the neighbourhood that I could barely put up with. And then there is GMail's Cherry Blossom theme. I tried it on for like five minutes and I just couldn't take any more of it. And the Bubblegum theme! The colour they start your starred items with is way too pink!

Even as I write this, I am playing some music in my famous pink media player. My feet are covered with a pink blanket. The walls of the room in which I am sitting are pink. So are the nightclothes that I am wearing. But even for me, the line needs to be drawn somewhere.

Oh, by the way, I also hate the pink that the Zen Estilo is seen in, all over the place. When my brother first damaged my car, I told him I would have it painted that color, because then he would no longer touch it. Because he wouldn't want to be seen dead in a car colored like that. Well, turns out, I wouldn't want to be seen dead in it either!

No comments: