Friday, August 15, 2008

Lucky Pink!

On 12th August 2008, I went out with my teammates to World of Wonders (For the uninitiated, it's an amusement park in Noida.) followed by bowling and dinner. It was a nice evening, but I don't feel like writing about all of it, just a little bit that was memorable for me.

I am an amateur at bowling. I've done it only once before. That was also at a team party, close to two years ago. I absolutely did not seem to understand how to roll the ball in order to make it go straight towards the pins, and always managed to slide it into the gutter. After two or three of these completely unsuccessful attempts, Mr Hemant Badhani walked over to the neighbouring alley, picked up a pink-coloured ball, and presented it to me (There were various colours in our alley, but no pink.). In the first go, that ball did not hit anything either, but I could see that its weight was just right and I had a better idea of where it was going than I had with the other balls. So it was with this ball that I hit five or six pins a couple of times, and, at the very end, a strike-in-one. This colour, when seen on my media player, blog, or clothes, puts me at the receiving end of all sorts of remarks from Akash, Abhinav, Anuranjan, Hemant, and any number of other guys. After this incident, I've decided that I am not going to change the colour of any of these things for a significantly long time, and if I can't beat the people who constantly comment about it, I will join them!

2 comments:

Akash said...

Hmm, So U have all the plans to keep us commenting on ur media player...

Bhavya said...

And my blog and my clothes!