Sunday, August 3, 2008

Chocolate Chip Cookies Strike Again!

It's amazing how chocolate can soothe even the most extreme of all heartaches. At least for those of us who stay away from alcohol. It's amazing how a bit of heartache can undo any amount of hard work that I put into my attempts to lose weight. How overpowering the lure of chocolate sometimes is. Enough to make someone like me, who would ordinarily think half a dozen times before reaching out for a couple of chocolate chip cookies, think nothing of guzzling down an entire pack. I have discovered that writing about whatever it is that's bothering me is a great help. I actually discovered that some time in the spring of 2003, but I've recently rediscovered this. But even after any amount of writing, painting, music and shopping, there are some gaps left which only cocoa can fill.

Oh well, what the heck. There are also days when working out gives me the mood lift I need. I guess those days balance these days out. Otherwise, when I'm in a happier mood, I'll make sure that they do.

No comments: