Friday, August 15, 2008

The Joy Of Sleeping

Almost ever since I wrote about Sleepless Sunday Nights, I've been experiencing a lot of trouble falling asleep on the other six nights of the week as well. There have been nights when, as some of my colleagues will recall, I was up until 2:30 AM and released a build to the Quality Assurance team at a ridiculously odd hour. I wasn't up that late because I wanted to release that build, I released the build because I was up that late. Then there have been nights when I have, miraculously, been able to fall asleep at a reasonable hour like 11:30, but woken up at 2:30 and found myself incapable of going back to sleep.

So today I was really relieved at being able to sleep to my heart's content. I woke up around 10:30 in the morning, had some breakfast, and went right back to sleep. Dozed peacefully till a little past two in the afternoon. I felt so great. So rested. Hopefully, this extended weekend, I will be able to pay off some more of the sleep debt that I've accumulated over the last month and a half or so, which is an insanely large amount. Is interest charged on sleep debt too?

No comments: