Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sleepless Sunday Nights

For some strange reason, I've been having a lot of difficulty falling asleep on Sunday nights. This extended weekend, I've slept to my heart's content on Friday, Saturday and Sunday morning. There have been weekends when I've woken up really early in the mornings, and been up and about all day. There have been ones when I've overslept like anything and napped in the afternoon as well. No matter what I do, I can't fall asleep at a decent hour on Sunday night. I've been reading, listening to all kinds of music, trying to think of something interesting to write about, trying to think of something I might find boring... and here I am, guzzling chocolate chip cookies and rambling on for no rhyme or reason at 2:30 in the morning. Today all my tried and tested methods that usually help me fall asleep have failed. I am feeling so jealous of my brother who's been fast asleep in the next room since something like 9:30 PM. He just came back from a trip to Mussorie with a bunch of friends. Apparently he's tired from the trip. It's interesting to note, however, that he didn't do anything over there that would tire him out or that he wouldn't do here. These guys ordered pizza from Domino's and watched Volcano. I wonder why they needed to go three hundred kilometres away for that. But, as we know, guys are weird. They like things that we don't understand. I think I'm quoting Rachel from an episode of Friends here. Season 9, The One with the Sharks. Okay, I know I've seen that series too many times. The Ross and Rachel story is probably, of all love stories I've ever seen on television or in the movies, the single most memorable and interesting one. The one that's left a deep impression in my mind. Other than the Julianne-Michael story in My Best Friend's Wedding, of course. Interestingly, I've seen that movie any number of times. There was this time when Dermot Mulroney, who plays Michael, the male lead in the movie, made a guest appearance on Friends. When I watched that episode, I kept wondering where I'd seen that guy before. And I couldn't place him. And when I did, I had a good laugh out of it.

So I guess people can judge my state of mind from the way I'm changing the subject of this post every now and then. My mind is so totally restless here. It needs some calming down. Who knows how that's going to happen tonight...

2 comments:

Akash said...

I happens, I mean sleepless nights...

Joan Santani said...

you said the guys are weird.
That's quite a sexist remark!