Saturday, June 7, 2008

Hot Chocolate Fudge For The Soul

I have a huge thing for chocolate truffle cake. And chocolate chip muffins. And chocolate chip cookies. Hot chocolate fudge. Chocolate ice-cream. And, well, for chocolate. When I'm feeling low, and all else fails, I splurge on something that contains cocoa. When I'm feeling good, I celebrate by splurging on cocoa again. Although I've kept these tendencies considerably under control over the last year and a half or so, they're still there.

Chocolate is actually good for you to a large extent. Dark chocolate, that is. It has significant antioxidant properties. And its consumption comes with a nice, pleasurable feeling for most people. It may also be good for the throat, helping prevent persistent coughing. Some people also suggest that it may have antidiarrhoeal effects.

But it's not all good, as we know. It comes loaded with calories, to varying degrees, depending on exactly what form you consume it in. It's also known to cause acne.

But to me, chocolate is just the greatest guilty pleasure. The greatest anti-depressant. The greatest companion when I feel all alone. Even if it means that I'll need to sweat it out in the gym all the more. Because sometimes I just need to indulge myself a little to forget about my worries for a while. To soothe heartache. Or sometimes, just because I feel like it. Eating too much of the sinful stuff may make me obese and give me blocked arteries, but, well, what an awesome way to live and what an awesome way to die that would be!

2 comments:

Akash said...

Yeh tile to mere post ka hona cahahiye :D

Bhavya said...

But I took it first :P