Saturday, June 28, 2008

I Wish...

Like I started this blog by saying, I don't usually follow my dreams. Writing was a huge passion with me. These days it's rapidly becoming one again. I'd completely forgotten how happy it makes me to put my thoughts into words. This is actually an awesome way to express myself. When I have something to express, but I'm not sure who I want to disucss it with. This has helped me rediscover myself. I've also loved the appreciation I've got from my friends.

I wish more people would follow their dreams instead of just going with the flow, doing what seems acceptable, convenient. I wish people would express their affection for other people without worrying about whether it's going to be reciprocated or not. I wish people would be less inhibited at expressing appreciation for other people. I wish we'd all let our family and friends know what a difference they make in our lives. Without waiting for Mother's Day or Friendship Day. I sometimes feel like giving my mom a nice bear hug for no apparent reason. She finds it odd. I think it's perfectly natural. I'd like to be like that more often. I'd want all of us to be like that more often. I'd like to be more expressive with the other people around me as well. I don't know what inhibits me from being so. I find it so easy to express if I dislike something about somebody, but so difficult to do so when I like something or somebody. That's not so with just me, I guess. There are lots of others like me in this world. We do tend to think that it will be awkward, uncomfortable, weird, if we express ourselves. I do, sometimes. Quite often, actually. But well, as a matter of fact, whenever somebody has said anything nice about me, it's always made me feel good. Even when a guy I completely detested confessed to having a crush on me, it felt weird, I did not feel like talking to him, but, at some level, it felt good. I think it's always a good thing to tell the people who matter to you that they matter. That they make a difference to who you are. That they make you happy and aid your well-being.

3 comments:

actinium said...

have u heard Affirmation by Savage Garden? If u haven't then do hear it...

Bhavya said...

just heard it... nice song, but I didn't quite get how or if it is connected to this post

Joan Santani said...

Hey Bhavya!

Whatever you said in this post is true and really touching.
I got to learn one thing..that when most of us (like you) don't inhibit from expressing our loathing for others, why do we hold ourselves back to praise them equitably.
I completely agree that the other person feels good, no matter even if he\she doesn't like you. You were quite candid when you wrote that you also felt good when a guy (who you never liked) expressed his liking towards you.