Saturday, June 28, 2008

My Favourite Fat Cat

I totally adore this fat, orange, striped feline comic strip character called Garfield. There was a time when Cartoon Network used to air Garfield and Friends thrice a day. 10:00 AM, 2:00 PM and 8:00 PM. It used to be the same episode all three times. Quite often I'd watch it thrice over. At least twice, at any rate. I wish I could be like Garfield. Carefree. Not hassled by how much I eat. How much I sleep. How these two things affect my health. Last week this adorable fat cat turned 30. That's a ripe old age for a cat :P

Garfield actually seems to be completely devoid of a guilty conscience, whether it comes to eating and sleeping, or kicking Odie, or saying mean things about Jon. Sometimes I think it might be a lot of fun to let go of that conscience completely. Although the world would not be a very pleasant place to live in if we all did that. But sometimes, just sometimes, like this lazy Saturday afternoon, I'd love to be able to gorge on chocolate chip cookies and doze away to glory!

No comments: