Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year's Day

A day of small celebrations, of little feel-good factors for me.

I watched Ghajini again today. Now there are certain people who did not like it at all, who would go "Grrrrrrrrrr..." if I reiterate that it's good enough to be seen twice on the big screen, but it is. It has a lot of what I would never expect from an Aamir Khan movie, like loopholes, flaws in the story, random, irrelevant, inappropriate song-and-dance sequence popping out of nowhere, but the bigger things that hold the story together are big enough for me to overlook all of that. By the way, in case you are wondering, I did not watch it alone this time. This time I watched it with Akash.

Today I needed to get out of bed at around 10:30 in the morning, since I'd told Akash that I'd meet him in Noida (that's about forty kilometres from where I live) some time between 12:30 and 1:00, and also, I thought I needed to start getting up a little earlier than noon, as I have been doing all week, so as to ease the transition back to my regular schedule at work. I actually needed to set an alarm for myself in order to get up at 10:30, and, as I have almost always done since my school days, I got up a few minutes before the alarm went off.

Had a nice afternoon, followed by a nice movie. Ate a little too much by my standards. Bought some doughnuts for my brother. Realised that, after all the pizza, momos, Ram Laddus and popcorn, and the two glasses of freshly squeezed orange juice that my mother poured down my throat the instant I walked into the house, I was too full even to succumb to the temptation of a double chocolate doughnut.

I took up another book today. This one is non fiction, because I wanted a bit of change. For those familiar with my tastes in non fiction, this one is also a drastic change from my usual Erma Bombeck and Shobha De stuff. I'll write more about it once I'm done with it.

And now I'm back to my warm blanket, after a warm bath, (Yes, even in this weather, I need two baths a day.) back to my beloved blog. Where I belong.

1 comment:

Prats said...

Well I am one of the people who got Grrrrr....

I guess too much of hype and too little substance for me...

By the way Happy New year.