Thursday, January 1, 2009

Song Of The Week

Until the Emosanal Attyachaar syndrome catches up with me, I'm all for Kaise Mujhe from Ghajini.

The two tracks from this movie that I heard in the promos, Behka and Guzarish, had left me pretty disappointed. Too disappointed to venture into procuring the rest of the soundtrack. When I was watching this movie, the first song that appeared on the screen, Aye Bachchu, was also a letdown.

But this song, that appears towards the later part of the film, is lovely. The mood it creates when it is played the first time, and then again, as the last scene of the movie fades into the closing credits, is really something. It seems as if, all the love which the here of the story felt for his heroine, is encompassed in these words:

Main to ye sochta tha ke aaj kal
Upar wale ko fursat nahin
Phir bhi tumhe banaake woh
Meri nazar mein chadh gaya
Rutbe mein woh aur badh gaya


There is a certain mood that is created at the end of the movie, that makes me want to listen to this song over and over again. The last time I watched the movie, the first thing I did after I came home was to look for this song. Today, since I knew I had an hour and a half's drive home, I went prepared, with this song copied on to my pen drive, to be played on repeat for much of the journey home. I guess that's the only thing I like about long drives by myself. (Yes, much as I like going out on my own, I don't like driving by myself too much.) Playing my mood of the moment song on repeat, singing along, and not worrying about anyone getting sick and tired of it.

6 comments:

Akash said...

I sent you the link for "Emosanal Attyachaar", it's just awesome...

After Dasvidaniya - all songs, this song is my favorite these days...

Bhavya said...

Yup. Got the link. And yes, mujhe samajh aa gaya tha kal ki this is your favourite song these days :P

cornucopia_of_gobbledygook said...

i adore emotional atyachaar... its the most funky-whacko kinda music..totally unconvential.. aah.. mazaa aa jata hai usko sunke..

cornucopia_of_gobbledygook said...

oops unconventional is what I mean above..

Bhavya said...

I know - I heard it once on the radio, and yesterday Akash was constantly singing it to me... that's a different kind of atyachaar :P
but after that I heard it a bunch of times and I really liked it... like u say, totally unconventional

Akash said...

Chalo, kisi ne to mere talent ko appreciate kiya :P