Anyway, it is days like these that make me feel a little miserable, lonely, sad... but today I thought I'd think happier thoughts. I'd think of all the stuff that makes me feel like I am in heaven. So here goes.
- Mom's rajma chawal.
- An A. R. Rahman composition playing on repeat. Even better if it is one that he has sung himself.
- A rich, chocolaty dessert.
- A warm blanket on a cold night.
- Having time to sleep all I want.
- Solitude. With just a little something to read and a notebook (dead tree or electronic) so that I can write.
So if you compare this list with an older one, you'll notice that a lot of things have more or less remained the same in these six months, but some have changed. I now love reading more than ever before, and I love spending time by myself rather than with friends. And, I still love it when people appreciate what I write, but the joy of writing itself is so great that it tremendously overshadows that of the writing being appreciated. I'm not sure if these changes are for the better or for the worse, but change is a way of life. Keeps things moving.