Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Little Things

Ever notice, how every little detail of our daily routine, however mundane, however small, becomes so important after a while that we are taken by surprise when we realise how much we miss it, if things don't go quite the same way even for a day?

People walk in and out of our lives all the time. No matter how independent or mentally and emotionally strong we think we are, we're affected by all of those people. Even if it is for the briefest period of time. Sometimes we don't even realise just how much we are affected, just how important someone is to us (not necessarily the romantic love kind of importance), until we miss them for a bit. Or sometimes, until things change in ways that lead to a situation where the other person is right beside you, and yet, you miss them. You miss them terribly.

I just noticed, people, most of whom have been blogging much longer than I have, and used to write pretty regularly, pretty frequently, become so much less regular when I blogroll them. I think everybody I have blogrolled falls into that category. Bhatti arose from his deep slumber for a few days during the shutdown, and then went undercover again. Everybody else is almost constantly in hibernation. What's up, people?

Before people start asking, I'll put my disclaimer here. I was in a slightly philosophical mood today. No real reason for all this, except that I felt like it.

3 comments:

cornucopia_of_gobbledygook said...

Wow!! I was just about to write a new blog entry and thought, am sure Bhavya must've written something, lets read that first... he he...now am inspired to write.. :)

M. D. Ramteke said...

HI Bhavya,

Good Going,

Anonymous said...

bloggin' was a hep thing around 2002/2003.. and it became very common thereafter.. and now lost the coolness...

you entered at a time when ppl are moving away from it :)

just my $0.02.. :)