Saturday, March 21, 2009

More Tidbits

I wonder if I will be able to fit into the image of a shy, demure Indian bride. I remember Ruchi telling me after my roka ceremony that it did not seem like it was my function, because I was still in my usual, bindaas element. It should not come as a big surprise to anyone who knows me if I happen to punch my groom on the stage in front of all those people. I sincerely hope that doesn't actually happen, though!

I was sorting out my clothes today and figuring out what to keep and what to discard. Well, guess what? There are all these clothes that used to fit me nicely until a year and a half back and would now look like a sack hanging on a scarecrow if I put them on. Okay, I know I'm exaggerating a bit, but those who've seen me through the transition know what I mean. I mean, there are a ton of those clothes. They were actually just waiting to be discarded. Good that I found my excuse to do just that.

Have you ever been shopping for saarees or something of that sort and observed just how the sales person's expression varies with the price tag of the item that you show an inclination towards? I mean, if you are inclined towards a lehenga that costs a little less than the others, they will try to point out that there should not be the slightest hint of white or cream in what you wear on your own wedding. Or that you are too tall for this particular lehenga. And the instant you pick something that costs about as much as the Nizam's jewellery, you should see how their faces light up. You should hear their sales pitch at that time. They will leave no stone unturned in trying to convince you that you are looking absolutely breathtaking in this item of clothing that is competing with your wedding venue in terms of cost.

Time seems to be just flying past. I'm still trying to wind up things at work, at home, and keep up with my wedding shopping and my health. It's tough, but it's fun.

No comments: