Monday, October 27, 2008

No Smoking!

I was just channel-surfing for a little while this evening, and I came across this movie on TV. I must have watched it for only about ten minutes, because it had some slightly interesting humour in some places. But in general, this kind of thing puts me off. Like I don't get the thing about crackers, I don't get why people smoke. What do they get out of doing something that is just plain harmful for their bodies? I mean, like drinking in moderation does have some positive effects. But ciggies just suck the life out of your lungs. I find it pretty difficult to respect a person who does not respect his own body. (I used 'he' here because I haven't really known a female who smokes. I know they exist, I have seen lots of them, but I haven't known any.)

And it's not just yourself you harm if you smoke. There will be lots of passive smokers around you as well. Why would you do that to them?

No comments: