Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Good Hair Day!

This weekend I visited a professional hairdresser for the first time in my life. So far, I've been trimming my own hair myself, (My mom used to do it for me when I was too young to do it myself.) and trying out simple stuff like side-bangs from time to time. Nothing too complicated. But this time round, I wanted an interesting change.

So on Saturday I went to this hairdresser and I told him I wanted to experiment with my hair, and that I wasn't going to say anything, he should just cut it exactly the way he wanted to. When I was little, I always argued with my mom about how short it should be cut. She'd never believe I said that to the hairdresser. But I'd seen him cut my friend's hair and a number of strangers' hair, and I thought he was meticulous and good at what he did.

And I was happy with the results. He gave me this nice, layered look. I like it a lot. It's a major change, significant enough for guys to notice. Guys who've earlier told me (when I tied my hair differently than usual) that I was looking different, or better than usual, but they just couldn't figure out what was different!

A few weeks back, someone whom I look up to gave me a piece of advice when I wasn't feeling too good about myself. He told me to pamper myself. To spend money on myself. I know, it's so obvious, and we all know it, but we sometimes need to be reminded of the obvious stuff. Not that I was feeling low this weekend, but I am feeling really good today.

No comments: