I know the title phrase of this post is slightly odd, but I like it that way. There are a few feel-good factors in my life that always cheer me up when I am feeling blue. The day I am feeling low and one of these fails to lift my spirits, I will know that it is time to consult a clinical psychologist. Here are some of them:
- Writing about whatever it is that is bothering me. Sometimes I write about the exact problem, at other times I like to express it in slightly vague terms in a poetic way.
- Listening to a song that reminds me of an incident or a friend whom I like to be reminded of.
- Spending money on myself. Not necessarily lots of it, even twenty bucks well spent can sometimes make all the difference.
- Costa Coffee's chocolate chip muffins.
- Watching an episode of Friends or The Big Bang Theory or Mr Bean.