Friday, April 3, 2009

Thoughts For Today

I never knew that I could actually get sick and tired of shopping. It's one thing to revamp your entire wardrobe, but it's a different thing if you have to buy more clothes than you actually need, just because there's a tradition of carrying a certain number of items in your trousseau. That had me a little tired. Of trying on all kinds of clothes and all kinds of shoes. So I'm pretty thankful that I was all done with it today. This leaves only the jewelery that still needs to be shopped for.

There are so many things I like about India, but there are a whole bunch of them that make me feel thankful that I'm leaving the country. Why do we let pandits take us for a ride for their own profit? Why do we let every uncle and aunt execute their own whims and fancies at an event which is supposed to be our special day?

Well... but I guess it's not that big a deal, really. Two years from now, I'll still know that I found a great guy. But I won't remember all these little irritating nuances.

1 comment:

Tulika said...

I agree on this with you. Sometimes the rituals built around marriage are so overwhelming that they actually take away that special feeling of being eternally bonded with the person you love.

In case you are wondering that I am a lil too late in commenting on your post, I actually read it up randomly whenever I get spare time :)