Sunday, April 5, 2009

Last Week At Work

This morning, as I was dusting my room, I was brushing the dust off my laptop and it struck me that I'm cleaning this laptop for the last time. The computer I used for writing all but two of the posts on this blog. The computer which I used to watch any number of movies and TV shows. After I return it next week, this blog will probably take a long break.

And then there are the bigger things. This is the last time I'm going to bed on Sunday night, knowing that I have to get up and go to work for another five days. The last five days of driving all the way to Noida. Of talking heart to heart with my friends during that forty kilometre drive. Of entering that familiar workplace and seeing those familiar faces around. Of reporting to that familiar boss. Debugging that familiar (almost familiar!) code. Swiping the same access card every morning. Having lunch in that same cafeteria every afternoon. Taking a walk around the same campus.

It's not just the people at the office I'm going to miss. I'm going to miss this office.

No comments: