Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Farewell: Chapter Two

The second farewell was at lunch today and was hosted by my immediate team. I'm really glad that it was just my immediate team. That made things all the more personal and memorable.

People asked me to make a farewell speech and enumerate the things I would remember and miss about the people in the team. And they were asked to do the same for me. The good thing about it was that each time I was on the verge of getting a little too sentimental, someone or the other would poke fun at me or somebody else and get everybody laughing.

Mohit, my boss, said that my leaving the team would leave a big hole. Gauri said that Jatin would always be very happy with me and would never get a chance to complain, and even if he did, he wouldn't have the courage! Almost everybody said really sweet things about how I always take their comments sportingly and don't have airs.

I've been lucky in this regard. I've had a great boss to work under. A terrific set of colleagues. I've found some really good friends here at this office, many of which I would like to keep in touch with for the rest of my life.

No comments: