Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Song Of The Week

Genda Phool from Delhi 6. I have been listening to this number for quite a few days now, but all of a sudden I find myself able to relate to the sentiments expressed in it. It's this really cute and interesting song that expresses the sentiments of a woman whose husband is away from home, and she misses him. It talks of how her in-laws' place is a mixture of the good and the bad. The lyrics are just beautiful. And the music that starts about fifty seconds into the song is just great. If you haven't seen the video so far, follow the link above. Abhishek Bachchan is really adorable in this one. Hey, I know he's married, and I'm going to be married soon too, but that doesn't take away the universal right to say such things about celebrities, does it? Which brings me to another point. This morning, Jatin sent me a few pictures of the neighbourhood where he lives. There was a lovely garden with assorted flowers, a lot of which were genda phools. This song refuses to leave my mind since then. I think I heard it about thirty times today. And now I'm going back to watching Abhishek dancing to the tune. Do not disturb.

No comments: