Stuff that has changed:
- I now believe in the institution of marriage. I believe in arranged marriage, and in falling in love after getting married.
- I am much happier now. Probably this is in part because I am not under work-related stress and am getting enough sleep.
- I cook!
- I no longer wash my clothes myself. I toss everything in the washer, and then into the dryer.
- I have switched to brown rice.
- I am more open to trying new things to eat. But I am more cautious about the nutritional content of stuff that I eat.
- My favourite flavour for dessert and other sweet things (mildly sweet things that do not necessarily qualify as dessert - like oatmeal and breakfast cereal) has changed from chocolate to cinnamon. Chocolate is still a close second, though. Mint chocolate has established itself as a much-loved variation. I eat chocolate and cookies and such things a lot less frequently.
Things that are pretty much the same:
- I can still not complete three sentences of spoken English without switching over to Hindi in between, or pausing noticeably to think and prevent myself from doing so.
- I still love rajma. And watermelons.
- I still love writing. And reading.
- I still love Hindi music and try to keep up with whatever is the latest in Bollywood. I try to catch as many of the movies as I can as well.
- My favourite post on my blog is still this one.
- My favourite movie is still, yes, you know it!
- My favourite TV show is still Friends. The Big Bang Theory comes a close second, followed by Beverly Hills, 90210.
- I still go to the gym five days a week and take weekends off.
- I still eat Indian food at least six days a week, on average. Only now, I cook most of it myself.