Saturday, May 17, 2008

Returning to my dreams

I am one of those people who do not go after their dreams. Not one, not two, I gave up three interesting, heartfelt dreams to end up as a software developer. One of those dreams was about a career in creative writing. There was a time when I actually believed I had a reasonable amount of talent in that area. And it was an activity that gave me a lot of happiness and satisfaction. I don't really want to recall why I gave up that dream. And it's not that I'm miserable about giving it up. I am actually quite happy with my current profession. And nobody can actually say if I would have been happier or less happy with a career in journalism or something. But that is something that I do wonder about sometimes. But there is one thing I know for sure. When I put my messed up thoughts in words and torture people by making them read those words, it makes me immensely happy. Giving words to something I feel strongly about, or something that I am confused about, or something that I am unhappy about, always makes me feel good. And everyone needs something that makes them feel good. Hence this blog. Let's see how often I add to this, but I'll try to do it as often as I can.

And by the way, I know that certain colleagues of mine who crib about the colour of my media player will also make snide remarks about this colour scheme, but I like it, and it makes me feel nice, so it will remain this way!

6 comments:

Akash said...

Welcome Bhavya,

Don't worry, this very morning I have read a quote by Jeffrey archer: "I guess we all end up doing what we are second best at" and you are following that only :)

Though nice way to show ur creative writing talents...

PS: @others... Colleagues in last paragraph refers to me...

@Bhavya, please yeh word verification hata lo comment posting me...

Bhavya said...

"Colleagues" in the last paragraph does not refer only to Akash :P
And your request was duly taken care of, Sir :-)

Anonymous said...

arrey mast hai yaar.. way to go.. write more .. write often :)

Anonymous said...

Hey!!
Welcome to the blogging world!!
But if you draw pleasure from "torturing people by making them read those words", I'm not sure you're successful at that..
I don't feel tortured at least when you're in prose mode.. :) Poetry is however a different story :D

Anonymous said...

i would have preferred receiving ur GM mails. btw i also found ur blog setting uncharacteristically different. But its a matter of choice and im happy u opted fort he red pill rather pink pill ;)

Bhavya said...

Changed the theme of my blog. I thought my aforementioned colleagues would like it a little better if there was a little less pink :)