Saturday, May 31, 2008

Changes...

Dr Seuss said, “Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.” Easier said than done, I'd say. In a fleeting moment life can sometimes change so dramatically... before you know it, you're in a whole new world. Changes are often for the better, I like to think. But sometimes things appear to be changing for the worse and you can't really see how they will make life better. The road appears to be all downhill and you can't see the point at which it will start moving uphill again. You do not know the scenic beauty that awaits you after you go uphill and look around from the top of the mountain. You perhaps do not have the motivation that it takes to keep going. But you know what? If you try hard enough, you can always see the silver lining in the grey clouds. It's always there. We just tend to look past it. There's always something good in the moment, in the present, right here, right now. I, for one, generally tend to look away from the good things about the present and instead waste my time moping about the past or worrying about the future. I mean, today there's something good going on in my life, but I'm worried about what it is leading to. And when it doesn't lead where I wanted it to, I regret the fact that it ever happened. At neither point in time did I actually acknowledge that, well, life is good. And when I think about it, life was actually good at both points of time. When I was worried about where things are leading, I failed to realize that things are going really well and I'm having fun. And when I was no longer having fun and things were no longer the way they should have been, they obviously had to come to an end. To make way for better things. But then, living in the moment is an art. It needs to be learnt. And I am still an amateur at it. Until I see the aforementioned "better things", how do I believe that they exist? There's a really nice thought that I once read or heard somewhere… don’t remember when or where or the exact words, but here’s the thought: Life is something of a jigsaw puzzle. Sometimes you can’t see where each piece will fit or maybe you can’t even see all the pieces, but you have to remember that one day all the pieces will come together and form a beautiful picture.

2 comments:

actinium said...

...n one must keep hoping that it will happen in one's lifetime :D

Bhavya said...

That's d kind of hope that keeps us going, isn't it?